Monday, August 29, 2011

Beatitudes for the Friends of the Aged


BEATITUDES
FOR THE
FRIENDS
OF THE
AGED

·        Blessed are they who understand
                     my faltering step and palsied hand.

·        Blessed are they who know that my ears today
                     must strain to catch the things they say.

·        Blessed are they who seem to know that my
                      eyes are dim and my wits are slow.

·        Blessed are they who looked away when
                       coffee spilled at table today.

·        Blessed are they with cheery smile
                       who stop to chat for a little while.

·        Blessed are they who never say,
                       “You’ve told that story twice today.”

·        Blessed are they who know the ways to
                        bring back memories of yesterdays.

·        Blessed are they who make it known
                       that I’m lived, respected and not alone.

·        Blessed are they who know I’m at a loss
                        to find the strength to carry the cross.

·        Blessed are they who ease the days on
                          my journey home in loving ways.

By Esther Mary Walker

3 comments: